Hi, for the first time in 6 months!
I’ve missed you dearly. 2016 has just flown by, so this post is to update you on everything I’ve been up to (since June) and provide ample excuse for my extended absence from the blog. I’ll try to keep this short, but half-a-year of life is a lot of ground to cover.
- June: My work with the kindergarteners came to a bittersweet end. I miss those kiddos so much and I can’t believe that, as I type this, they’re already halfway through first grade.
- July: I began a summer job as a graduate program coordinator for a nonprofit that administrated a summer internship program for high school and college students. It was my first time working with “big kids” and I really enjoyed it. Performing site-visits to some of the many companies and organizations that the students were placed in was probably my favorite part.
- August: I said goodbye to the tri-state area and moved to Cambridge, Massachusetts to begin work on my master’s degree at the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE, pronounced “hugsy”). I’m studying Technology, Innovation, and Education and loving every minute of it.
- September through early-December: Classwork, homework, group projects, all-nighters, campus job as a Junior Learning Designer, happy hours, chill sessions, naps, laughter, tears, confusion, and every emotion known to mankind. During this time, I was also blogging in two other places: my Books of Color 2016 blog (#BoCo2016) and the HGSE Admissions blog! (See, I didn’t fall off, I was just using other platforms.)
- Mid-December to Now: After finishing my first semester of grad school (YAY!), I’m now at home resting and enjoying winter break with my family and friends.
Looking ahead to January (because I’m a planner, even while on vacation)
- 1/1-I’ll be taking a January-term class at school, so I return to Cambridge on New Year’s Day.
- 1/3-I turn the big 2-5. A whole quarter-century of life. Crazy.
- ~1/23-I will be beginning my dream internship at WGBH (the place where Arthur, Between the Lions, and ZOOM were all made) with their digital kids production team. To say that I’m elated is a gross understatement.
So, now you’re all caught up! Here’s to hoping that it doesn’t take me another 6 months to write my next post.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!